Friday, June 6, 2008

Break Through!!!!!

Well everyone, I think I got it. The kids are understanding what going to bed means! Eli is now going right into his bed and staying there with just a tinny bit of crying! (As he climbs into bed he does say,"mommy, I don't want to go to bed!" over and over again.)

Alex, still cries but he cried for about 5 min and then he was out.

Last night my mother-in-law put the kids to bed. She said that Eli walked himself into the bed room and went to sleep. Alex cried for about 2 min. Then he fell asleep!

The most wonderful thing about last night was, for the first time ever he slept through the night!
Alex went to bed at 8:00 and slept all the way through until 5:30. I even woke up to check on him around 3:00 because that is when he wakes up cried. I was so amazed. I still am trying to figure it out. I don't know if it was just a one time thing or if he will sleep through the night again. Who knows, we shall see.

No more tears from mommy! They don't cry so long so I don't cry. I'm really glad about that because man it was pulling at my heart strings.

This has been a really tough 4 days, but we are getting through it.

Last Monday night we ended up going home to my parents house in Walnut Creek. My twin sister and her three children were there. We ended up spending the night. Eli started out in the room were Christian and Gab were sleeping. It did not go well. Eli cried and cried and tried to get out of the room. My dad stayed at the door holding the door shut. Christian the oldest one was trying to calm Eli down by talking to him.

We are going to Walnut Creek again and will be spending the night. We shall see how this will all turn out! If he cries again or will he go to bed like he is doing now!

I'll let you all know when we return.

Thank you for everyones encouragement! I really appreciate it. It's a very hard thing to do but in the long run it's better for everyone!

Thanks again,
Mommy Teresa

2 comments:

Christine said...

YAY!! I am so happy that it is working and your boys are going to bed well. :-) I sure hope that sleeping through the night was not a just fluke... For YOUR sake!
(((HUGS)))

Christine said...

How did the little guys do over the weekend?

Please leave a comment!

I love to hear from my visitors....All you have to do is click on the comment button and you can write a little note!